Thursday, October 20, 2011

State of the Blog Address, Quarter 2

      With the first quarter blog and The Green Glass Sea out of the way, we now can look to the future, with The Ship Breaker. Before we move on though I can't right out and say that the blog was fine, I personally felt that while much effort went into certain areas, some other places were lacking. For example, certain blog entries had been overlooked in favor for others. My goal for this blog is to learn about the subject matter, of blogging, and provide an interesting and opinionated view on what I am reviewing. So for this quarter in blogging I plan to spend more time developing my blog.

     Now while blogging still feels a tad bit like work, I have begun to take a liking to it, I for one tire of all the analytical reviews of the past.

    So with all the cheesy guff out of the way lets move on to my new book for this quarter, Ship Breaker. Now I've only managed to get a quick peak at the book, but it looks rather interesting, as far as I can tell it's the story of a boy living in a dystopian society that happens to be on an island. Now no offense to Ellen Klages, but the book I read last quarter isn't something I'd read over summer, personally I feel books should hold ones attention via good plot interspersed with action and suspense with down to earth and interesting characters. I felt that The Green Glass Sea was lacking in the action and suspense departments, while Ship Breaker looks to be very dependant on those.

No comments:

Post a Comment